Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Determination to Start a New Journey

I am a 29-year-old Japanese man, who will start studying at the Harvard Kennedy School for two years in September 2014. I have a Japanese blog and am used to writing articles in Japanese, but now I am setting out on a journey to write it in English, too.

My personal motivation for writing the blog is that I strongly feel that the Japanese should express their opinions to the world. Expressing ideas in English is especially challenging for the Japanese because English is not their native language, and they are not always good at voicing their views in English. I believe that the Japanese have a lot of knowledge and ideas to share with the world. I would like to be a role model of expressing the ideas in English as well as encourage and challenge other Japanese to do so.

I have three main purposes for this blog:
1 To let readers understand what is taught in the Harvard Kennedy School
2 To share ideas on international, governmental, and economic topics
3 To reflect on what I've learned and thought in everyday life (for myself)

The expected readers are people who are interested in international, governmental and economic issues, studying at the Harvard Kennedy School, learning English as a second language, Japan, life in Boston, and so on.

I would like this blog to be as useful, informative and stimulating as possible for the readers, so I welcome comments and feedback from the readers anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment